Gold King Creek Alaska Adventures is located on the north face of the gold rich Alaska Range, (long 64’07.137 lat 148’00.170), which is 47 miles south of Fairbanks International Airport as the crow flies. At an elevation of 2,043 feet and surrounded by over 1,500 acres of state mining claims, we are nestled at the base of Keevy Peak, which reaches 7,399 ft.
Gold King has been mined since 1898, producing millions of troy ounces and is still producing today. We are a family oriented business with a combined total of 80+ years living the “Alaskan Lifestyle”. Although located off-the-grid, with our newly improved 5,500 foot gravel runway and expansion of the facilities, we have decided to open our hospitality to the public to come and try their luck in gold mining.
- Full his/hers bathrooms with unlimited hot water, flushing toilets and personal showers.
- 10 double occupancy rooms with individual heat.
- Great room with satellite tv, weights and treadmill, game room and fresh popcorn.
- Family style dining with home style cooking…hot breakfast, sack lunch and buffet dinner.
- Gold King Creek Saloon is open nightly, serving your favorite beverages, music and pool table. Enjoy the sun deck with majestic views of Keevy Peak.
- Nightly camp fires and entertainment.
- Private 5,500’ gravel runway with available fuel and tie downs for those who want to fly in themselves.
- Limited to 10 guests per week in order to provide a superior personal touch.